After a trauma, it is essential to be sure the site is cleaned up thoroughly to ensure the safety of those who live or work at the site. Federal regulations consider all bodily fluids to be biohazardous material. Therefore, blood or tissue at a trauma site is deemed a potential source of infection. Hiring a crime and trauma scene decontamination (CTS Decon) company is the best way to handle the cleanup at a trauma site. CTS Decon teams are the best choice for 5 reasons:
- They know what to look for. While a penny-sized blood stain on carpet may seem like a small job of cleaning the spot to an inexperienced eye, a CTS Decon trained employee knows that the stain on the floorboards may be 2 feet in diameter.
- Professional CTS Decon companies have the appropriate permits required to handle, transport, and dispose of biohazardous waste. For people who have just gone through a stressful event, permits are one more source of stress and anxiety.
- Whatever happened at the trauma site likely had and continues to have a strong emotional impact on those involved. Cleaning up the site after a trauma can exacerbate the emotional upheaval for anyone connected with the trauma. CTS Decon teams don’t have the same emotional connection to the trauma site and can do the work that would be difficult for family and friends.
- They also have the specialized equipment, knowledge, and training to handle the cleanup of biohazardous materials. Hiring a cleanup company frees you from figuring out what supplies you’ll need and purchasing all of the supplies necessary.
- Clean up companies can also help you work with your homeowner’s insurance company to file any claims.
Need a professional team to help you clean up a biohazard or crime scene? Contact Daso Cleaning & Restoration for your appointment today! Daso Cleaning & Restoration also offers fire clean up, mold remediation, asbestos and lead abatement, bed bug remediation and clean up after water damage. We offer 24 hour emergency service.