Everyone wants to inhabit a clean and safe house, but dangerous substances can make their way indoors without being noticed. Whether you are dealing with the mold from water damage or are trying to ascertain lead levels in your home, you will find the following resources helpful sources of information:
- Learn more about the basics of mold growth and what sort of environment the fungus thrives in at the Florida Solar Energy Center website.
- This article from the EPA provides tips on eliminating the moisture that facilitates mold growth.
- Are you concerned about lead but not sure where it may be lurking? This article from the California Department of Public Health discusses where you might find it.
- This article from UMDNJ.edu explains some of the health hazards that lead poses.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission explains that you should always choose a professional service for lead testing, as home test kits are unreliable and cannot be trusted.
- The flood resulting from Hurricane Katrina covered much of New Orleans in water that was contaminated with industrial raw material and waste. Tulane University illustrates how lead has been an environmental issue in the area.
Call Daso Cleaning & Restoration today at (718) 893-0252 for more information.